Inspired by the Developing Leaders Award category at our annual PRISM conference, this initiative was conceived as an opportunity to provide education and mentor/mentee connections to spread the insights of business leaders, and provide newer professionals with the tools and resources they need to meet their professional development goals. The program is designed to:
- Encourage the business development of up-and-coming risk management or due diligence professionals in the commercial real estate (CRE) lending and environmental consulting sectors;
- Provide access to subject matter experts in career development, networking, job advancement and other tools to advance their careers in the property risk management sector;
- Encourage avenues of communication between and among the CRE risk management developing leaders community;
- Further the development of tomorrow’s industry leaders by providing education and mentor/mentee programs to leverage the industry knowledge of prominent business leaders; and
- Provide young professionals the tools and resources they need to fulfill their education and professional development goals
January 8, 2019
New Developing Leaders Program: Nurturing Tomorrow’s Leaders
Program kickoff by founders
Register to listen to a replay of the event:
UPCOMING QUARTERLY WEBINARS:
Q1 Webinar (date TBA): THE IMPORTANCE OF MENTORING PROGRAMS
- Hear from past EDR PRISM Award winners on how mentors shaped their career trajectory and what they do to inspire young staff today.
Q2 Webinar (date TBA): WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A DEVELOPING LEADER?
- In this webinar, mentors team up with their mentees to give a manager’s and employee’s perspective on how firms are promoting young leaders, and what helps young leaders feel vested and engaged, as well as advice they’d give someone just starting out on a career path.
Q3 Webinar (date TBA): NETWORKING AS A TOOL FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Many professionals just starting out have no idea how to network at conferences, workshops or other industry events. Learn how to get comfortable using events as a network-building tool.
Q4 Webinar (date TBA): BUILDING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND
- Learn from an outside expert tips for building your LinkedIn profile, growing your professional network and other brand-building advice.
How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over Widely respected for her “grab-’em-by-the-collar advice and tough love, Robbins drills through the mental clutter that stands between people and what they want.
How Organizations Are Harnessing The Wisdom Of Baby Boomers To Combat Skills Shortages Ever hear the term “mentern”? It’s a new term that gets right to the heart of mentor-mentee relationships being a two-way street. A ‘mentern’ is someone who is simultaneously mentoring and interning. This timely article highlights a redefinition of employee experience so that workers of all ages can be engaged in purpose-driven work that excites and energizes them, with employers then benefiting from the wisdom they have to offer.
Top Tips For A Successful Mentor-Mentee Relationship Much like any relationship, a mentor-mentee journey takes work from both sides. As this year’s new mentor-mentees pairs get started, this timely article outlines some of the key factors for a successful relationship.
Why Being Respectful to Your Coworkers is Good for Business Looking to get ahead in your career? Start by being respectful to your coworkers, says leadership researcher Christine Porath. In this science-backed TEDtalk, Porath shares surprising insights about the costs of rudeness and shows how little acts of respect can boost your professional success — and your company’s bottom line.