Inspired by the Developing Leaders Award category at our annual PRISM conference, this initiative was conceived as an opportunity to provide education and mentor/mentee connections to spread the insights of business leaders, and provide newer professionals with the tools and resources they need to meet their professional development goals. The program is designed to:
- Encourage the business development of up-and-coming risk management or due diligence professionals in the commercial real estate (CRE) lending and environmental consulting sectors;
- Provide access to subject matter experts in career development, networking, job advancement and other tools to advance their careers in the property risk management sector;
- Encourage avenues of communication between and among the CRE risk management developing leaders community;
- Further the development of tomorrow’s industry leaders by providing education and mentor/mentee programs to leverage the industry knowledge of prominent business leaders; and
- Provide young professionals the tools and resources they need to fulfill their education and professional development goals
January 8, 2019
New Developing Leaders Program: Nurturing Tomorrow’s Leaders
Program kickoff by founders
Register to listen to a replay of the event:
UPCOMING QUARTERLY WEBINAR:
- Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you’ll learn something new from these successful consulting leaders–and past PRISM award winners–on the mentors who shaped their career path, how they inspire the leaders of tomorrow, what they wish they knew when they were just starting out and what inspires them in their day-to-day lives. Hear from past EDR PRISM Award winners on how mentors shaped their career trajectory and what they do to inspire young staff today. Register here.
A LOOK AT OUR MENTOR ROUNDTABLE AT PRISM 2019 IN NASHVILLE
At EDR’s PRISM conference in Nashville in early May, we had our first in-person meeting with 14 members of the Class of 2019 in attendance. Discussions focused on: networking/social skills, managing company politics with a smile, tips for making the most of industry conferences, adopting a growth mindset (read Carol Dweck’s book) and managing portfolio projects.
5-1/2 Mentors That Will Change Your Life Mentorship isn’t something that is done to you. Rather, mentorship is something you do for yourself, with the help of other people. Doug has unlocked the secret of mentorship in the digital age and has used it to develop more (and faster) than he ever thought possible. Doug’s story is one that inspires and challenges people to take responsibility for their life and become what they were meant to be.
The President of the University of New Haven about his journey, qualities of an effective leaders and best advice, including the importance of supporting the next generation of leaders. Read the article here.