The Quality Assurance Engineer’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test cases, test plans and scripts for new functionality, bug fixes, and other code changes. The QA Engineer will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate Development processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in tech initiatives. The QA Engineer will work closely with Project Managers and the Development team to plan, schedule and test developed products to ensure that design specifications are within quality management limits and standards.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Up to 5%
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and execute test strategies, detailed test plans and/or lead test efforts
• Integral participant on team to estimate time requirements, coordinate and clarify testing objective
• Interact with development staff to assist with defect resolution and ensure the scope of the software change has been satisfied
• Make recommendations for QA system implementation
• Ensure software solutions meet user requirements and technical specifications for all assigned projects
• Provide application support for various business partners
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
• Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
• Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Must have at 1-2 years in prior experience performing test analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high degree of efficiency
- Proven ability to write automated scripts and analyze results
- Experience with test case design
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing
- Experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven data analysis, data verification, statistical reporting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written, oral, communication, listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Experience with programming languages such as C#, Python, and SQL is desired but not required