As an Automation Engineer, you will help automate key functions within the Software Engineering organization. Though mainly focused on Quality Assurance-related tasks, you will be required to lead and engineer other automation projects, including Continuous Integration systems, Load & Performance Test Systems, Data extraction & manipulations, and more.
– (Junior/Entry Level) Gain a deep understanding of our Products and Technologies
– Provide manual QA testing support for a limited number of functional areas only (Junior/Entry Level)
– Collaborate with the Dev team and other Product Stakeholders to define and enhance test cases and test suites
– Create and execute automated tests using established tools & technologies
– Collaborate with other QA members across all Product lines to create and enforce standards for processes, tools/technologies, and methodologies
– Collaborate with the DevOps team, Sr. Software Engineers, and Software Architects to keep QA and Automation software tools, technologies, and systems up to date
– Identify and recommend new tools and technologies; Make recommendations and propose plan to retire antiquated/broken processes, systems, and tools
– Provide mentorship for junior team members
– Collaborate with Development & Product teams to assess level of effort, complexity, and risk for test development and execution
– Collaborate with Development & Client Services teams to assist with issue troubleshooting and resolution
– Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Technology Degree, Certificate, or formal training in a technology field
- 3-5 years experience (for non-entry level position)
- Highly proficient in computer skills, highly technical
- Familiarity with modern testing tools and concepts
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages required