EDR is seeking a Junior Software Engineer (JSE) to join its Software Development Team. The JSE is an entry level position who will be trained and developed into a significant contributor on our development team, helping innovate functionality within EDR’s platform technologies. The primary focus of this role will be gaining a deep understanding of our Software Development processes, patterns, methodologies and tech stacks through hands-on coding and testing of our Products. Working with our experienced mid-level and Senior Engineers via our mentoring program, you will gain a tremendous amount of experience by building internal tools/features, unit tests, automated functional & regression test suites, and more. The ideal candidate starts with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and collaborate with others, and a hunger to build amazing software, all backed by a strong educational foundation in Computer Science/Software Engineering concepts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work under Senior Software Engineers to design and develop internal tools, basic product features, unit tests, and automated functional tests for our modern platform technologies
• Meet task and project objectives under established timelines
• Collaborate with Project Managers, Scrum Masters/Facilitators, and Technical leads on software development projects
• Participate and contribute in project planning and estimation
• Participate in our mentoring and career development programs
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Self-driven and self-managed individual able to complete multiple projects and responsibilities on-time
- Efficiently deliver high quality work as individual and part of a team
- Able to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Clear, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Technical Skills:
- Structured and unstructured programming concepts
- Experience in modern development languages (one or more of the following a plus):
- Familiarity with the concept of Microservices, RESTful Services, APIs
- Secure Coding best practices
- Modern Software Design Patterns & Antipatterns
- Test-driven Development Practices
- Experience in Source Control concepts and technologies
- Working knowledge of RDBMS database systems, such as MySQL and MSSQL a plus