The Business Development Representative will be responsible for driving within account growth through prospecting, qualifying increasing business opportunity within the assigned territory. This effort will require high activity split between field meetings and WebEx demonstrations. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts and clients in order to understand the needs of the customer and to maintain the annual book of business.
Direct Reports: No
Status: FT / Exempt
Travel: At least 75% (ability to travel is a must for this position)
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to):
• Develop and manage key customer relationships with decision makers and key people with influence to gain strategic positioning within assigned account to maximize sales opportunities
• Meet or exceed all monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals including year on year NCVI of our customers through successful implementations, package migration, unit growth, meaningful relationships, consultative selling and account management
• Maintain up-to-date records, managing opportunities, accounts and contacts, and track activity and progress daily within Salesforce.com
• Manage assigned book of business, build, expand and solidify relationships with existing clients
• Execute high activity through a combination of WebEx and client office visits each week
• Consistently exhibit a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating EDR products and solutions, as well as all deep knowledge of competitive products
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Minimum 1-3 years outside sales/account management experience calling on senior management while executing high and impactful account activity
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and public speaking)
- Client and goal oriented, driven and focused, self-motivated, ability to work independently and on a team, strategic minded, competitive, creative, enthusiastic and versatile
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and leverage strong business relationships through multiple customer levels