EDR, a LightBox company, is the nation’s leader in providing real estate due diligence information and software. With cloud-based, comprehensive workflow solutions, over 1,800 databases, and the nation’s largest collection of historical property use information, EDR puts the power of quality data and insight into decision making for real estate professionals, lenders, appraisers and environmental consultants. We are currently seeking to hire a Business Development Manager for our Consulting and Engineering segment located the MidAtlantic territory.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving revenue growth through prospecting, qualifying and closing new opportunities, and increasing sales within existing accounts within the MidAtlantic. The territory is comprised of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C., Virginia, and West Virginia. A consultative sales approach, effective communication with prospects, clients, and internal stakeholders, and a high level of field activity are among the characteristics required for success in the role. Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and will be responsible for building and maintaining a robust sales pipeline.
Direct Reports: No
Status: FT / Exempt
Travel: Up to 75%
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to):
- Identify priority markets, opportunities, and develop specific plans to drive results in those markets.
- Develop and manage key customer relationships with decision makers and influencers; maximize sales opportunities.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Meet or exceed all monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals through successful implementations, package migration, unit growth, meaningful relationships, consultative selling, and account planning.
- Network at all pertinent events and tradeshows; identify and execute upon opportunities to grow the brand within industry associations and customer segments.
- Maintain up-to-date records, pipeline opportunities, accounts, and contacts. Track activity and progress daily within Salesforce.com.
- Manage assigned book of business. Build, expand, and grow relationships with existing clients.
- Execute high activity through a combination of client office visits and web-conferencing each week
- Consistently exhibit a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating EDR products and solutions, as well as all deep knowledge of competitive products/differentiators
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Preferred 3-5 years outside sales/account management experience. Ability to calling on senior management and/or “C level” personnel while executing impactful account activity
- History of strong organizational skills with the adaptability to thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Experience with technology/software applications such as the MS suite required, Salesforce.com and web-conferencing experience is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, public speaking)
- Client and goal oriented, driven, focused, self-motivated, ability to work independently and on a team, strategic minded, competitive, creative, enthusiastic, versatile
- Proven ability to develop, maintain, and leverage strong business relationships through multiple customer levels
- Track record of high-performance/goal attainment