This position is an integral part of the daily accounting function and monthly closing cycle. Additionally this role will support the Financial Planning and Analysis team. The ability to work independently is paramount to this position, however, communication and cooperation with EDR’s other departments is a must as well. EDR’s small finance team assures the successful candidate exposure to all facets of the accounting and finance functions.
Direct Reports: No
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5 PM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to):
• Prepare and review daily and monthly journal entries, and account reconciliations and balance sheet analysis
• Assist with preparation of federal and state corporate tax packages
• Maintain fixed asset ledger and quarterly inventory
• Perform internal audits of new revenue streams, travel & entertainment system, etc.
• Update and maintain financial and forecast reporting systems
• Review sales tax reporting and preparation of CT use tax
• Develop more efficient methods of daily and monthly accounting procedures
• Prepare periodic government and parent company surveys and reports
• Develop strong professional relationships across departments to foster better financial reporting and forecasting
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the only duties the employee is responsible for. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls
- Proactive, independent and able to meet assigned deadlines
- Strong analytical and auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile accounts
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and ability to learn and adapt to new financial software packages quickly
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics Great Plains, MS Management Report, Avalara (Sales Tax), and Tensoft (Contract Management) a plus
- Able to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to flexibly manage multiple priorities