EDR is seeking an experienced PHP Developer to join its Software Development team. As a PHP developer, you will be a significant contributor to our development team, helping innovate functionality within EDR’s platform technologies. The primary focus of this role will be developing integrations and features to help our customers manage their data and workflow processes. However, you will also help us evolve our back-end structures, develop our next generation of internal & external APIs, and expand our functionality within our platform technologies.The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of developing scalable and high performance SaaS product in LAMP stack in Cloud Architecture, using Agile software development methodology.
Direct Reports: Yes
Status: FT / Exempt
Travel: As needed
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and develop secure, scalable, high performing and highly available Web Application
• Meet development timelines and project objections
• Collaborate with Project Managers, Scrum Master, Coordinators and/or Technical lead on software development projects
• Work closely with stakeholders to explain the development progress against user stories
• Support QA and UAT efforts
• Participate and contribute in project planning and estimation.
• Responsible for defect triage and support.
• Maintain adherence to the architecture lifecycle parallel to the project’s software development lifecycle
• Assist in the maintenance of existing systems hardware and software, and in the development and maintenance of architectural standards companywide
• Act as an agent of change in the organization for creating and maintaining architecture centric development
• Actively communicate with appropriate leadership to guide updates to comply with EDR’s release communication process
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed above are the only duties the employee is required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as dictated by their supervisors. This description is a general listing of the required activity, tasks and expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule. Responsibilities occasionally may require overtime, holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers. The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study
- A minimum of 5 years in Software Development in PHP and LAMP environment
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Agile Software development
- Self-driven and self-managed individual able to complete multiple projects and responsibilities on-time
- Efficiently deliver high quality work as individual and part of a team (on-site, off-site, and off-shore)
- Able to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Clear, professional written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Technical Expertise in:
- o Frameworks – Laravel, AngularJS, jQuery
- o Databases – MySQL, MSSQL
- o Platforms – Linux/Unix, Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
- o Tools – Github, Jenkins, Scripting – Bash / Powershell, Vagrant, Redis, Memcached
- o Architecture – SOA, MicroServices, RESTful Services, Client / Server
- o Application Secure Coding best practices