The Outside Sales Rep will play a critical role in the future of the business. You will be responsible for retaining and growing the assigned client base, building a robust sales pipeline, upselling, converting clients and prospects onto new products and solutions and driving revenue. This includes planning, coordinating and implementing activities which generate a high level of customer satisfaction. You will also work closely with Customer Care to ensure any service related issues are resolved.
The Outside Sales Rep will promote products and solutions, achieve established revenue target, competitive unit growth and retention of client base. This effort will require high activity split between field meetings and WebEx demonstrations. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts and clients in order to understand the needs of the customer.
The ability to think on your feet and work successfully both in independent and team-settings is essential. We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable individual with a proven track record of providing complex, high-value technical solutions and account management in the environmental risk management or similar industry.
You will manage multiple account relationships and simultaneous sales processes, using deep knowledge of EDR’s products, services, internal workflows, and networks of subject matter experts to assemble a complete technical solution. Industry knowledge, such as types of environmental due diligence consultants perform, understanding of CERCLA, RCRA, ASTM E1527-13, ASTM E2600-10 and the various federal and state environmental databases included in EDR reports is essential. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and proven ability to work in cross functional teams are desired.
The territories covered for the Regional Sales Manager in Texas include: TX, OK, AR MS, AL and LA.
Direct Reports: No
Status: FT / Exempt
Travel: Up to 50%
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to):
• Create account plans and strategies to retain and grow assigned client base
• Develop and managing key customer relationships with decision makers and key people with influence to gain strategic positioning within assigned account to maximize sales opportunities
• Identify expansion opportunities in our existing client base and identifying new client opportunities
• Provide exceptional customer service to the business and end-users within the account
• Meet or exceed all monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals including year on year revenue growth of our customers through successful implementations, package migration, unit growth, meaningful relationships, consultative selling and account management
• Day to day account management, tactical work includes giving product demos, learning about customer needs and gaining commitment / changing behavior resulting in new revenue growth
• Network at all pertinent events, tradeshows as well as identifying and executing speaking engagements in region with a goal of driving revenue within assigned customer segment.
• Commitment to continually building a pipeline of solutions through detailed client needs assessments and listening
• Conduct and manage sales cycle
• Gain strong understanding of customers technology and workflows
• Understand key competitors and position our product advantages
• Maintain up to date records, managing opportunities, accounts and contacts and tracking activity and sales progress daily within Salesforce.com
• Manage assigned book of business, build, expand and solidify relationships with existing clients. Secure existing business and drive the sale of additional services and offerings.
• Execute high activity through a combination of WebEx and client office visits each week, totaling at least 36 per month combined
• Consistently execute all assigned account activities with a high degree of professionalism and within Regional Manager Role and expectations
• Understand and assess customers’ business objectives, strategies and requirements
• Consistently exhibit a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating EDR products and solutions, as well as all deep knowledge of competitive products
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed above are the only duties the employee is required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as dictated by their supervisors. This description is a general listing of the required activity, tasks and expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule. Responsibilities occasionally may require overtime, holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Minimum 2 years outside sales/account management experience calling on senior management and/or “C level” personnel
- Professional environmental sales (i.e., labs, staffing) experience a PLUS!
- SaaS/PaaS sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in working remotely and in executing high and impactful account activity
- Confidence in public speaking
- History of strong account management skills
- Knowledge of commercial real estate/due diligence preferred
- Experience with technology/software applications, preferred
- A greater than proficient understanding and ability to use: MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Salesforce.com and WebEx experience is beneficial
- Exceptional time and calendar management skills as well the ability to manage multiple requests
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and public speaking)
- Able to conduct presentations on a technical level
- Client and goal oriented, driven and focused
- Self-motivated- ability to work independently and strategic minded
- Competitive, creative, enthusiastic, versatile, accountable
- Team player
- Optimistic and open minded