The right candidate for this role will work with team to advance our event and campaign strategies. This role will provide a marketing professional with advancement aspiration the chance to hone his or her skills while supporting the exciting growth opportunities of a thriving B2B information, software, and services company.
Direct Reports: No
Status: FT / Exempt
Travel: Up to 35%
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to):
• Maintain a calendar of events and implement a system that enables long term planning and effective event management for events across vertical markets including tradeshows, web seminars, and EDR hosted events
• Seek out additional event opportunities to help promote EDR’s brand in existing vertical markets and adjacencies
• Coordinate all facets of events including: pre-event research and planning, materials shipping and tracking, event budgeting, on-site communication, post-event debrief/surveying, post event restocking of booth and materials, and lead generation
• Research venues and negotiate agreements with outside vendors and meeting venue companies (audio visual/technical needs, catering, meeting space and set up)
• Communicate efficiently with the company’s marketing, sales and product development teams on scheduling, planning, and event goals
• Assess the value of each event on the calendar (leads, revenue generated, etc.) and make informed recommendations about future participation
• Coordinate and develop materials to be included and shipped to each event (marketing materials, nametags, etc.)
• Make necessary preparations to ensure that each event runs smoothly and that the company is accurately represented
• Manage, organize and keep inventory of the marketing event closet where all event materials are kept (booths, display monitors, banners, giveaways, raffle items, tablecloths)
• Manage digital event functions including creating events in web-based hosting applications, building campaigns in marketing automation and CRM platforms, and updating EDR’s website and other marketing channels with event details
• Implement traditional and digital marketing initiatives aimed at promoting EDR’s events and brand across multiple vertical markets
• Work with marketing managers to create content for various types of campaigns: nurturing, thought leadership, event, product marketing, and more
• Help manage and update all EDR web properties and social media channels
• Monitor website and marketing performance with tools like Marketo, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
• Work with Marketing and Sales Managers to create, maintain, and update sales enablement tools
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience with knowledge of both traditional and digital tactics and event planning; experience in marketing B2B software and/or services a plus
- Experience with Marketo or similar marketing automation platform, and Salesforce or similar CRM
- Strong writing skills in a variety of mediums including press releases, emails, blogs, social posts, and more
- Highly customer-focused and solutions-oriented mindset; ability to see things from a customer point of view
- Experience with creative tools like Adobe Creative Suite and an eye for graphic design a plus
- Eagerness to learn new skills and gain an understanding of the property due diligence industry
- Willingness to accept constructive feedback, self-motivated, confident, optimistic, analytical, and creative
- Able to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to flexibly manage multiple priorities