The Application Architect position is responsible for working with the Director of Software Development to establish the software development standards, best practices, technology and tools to support EDR’s initiatives and customers. The Application Architect is a hands-on technical expert who will lead a team of software developers to deliver systems and solutions that supports the EDR business and product roadmap.
The role will initially focus on leading system re-engineering, architecture, design and development of EDR’s Collateral360, PARCEL and SRF systems and the supporting development teams. These are mission critical systems and support EDR’s growing Lender business and intiatives to improve effienciences.
The person in this role will need to have 5 – 10 years of experience as a Full Stack Architect with expertise in application architecture and design for multi-tier and distributed systems, software development, application / system security, continuous integration and modern software development best practices, toolsets and methodologies. We are looking for someone who has expertise in architecting, designing and leading software development teams to build highly scalable, high availabity and high performance applications.
What you will use and the technical skills we need:
• Architecting and manageing application in cloud ecosystem, AWS preferred.
• Development languages – PHP (preferred), NodeJS, ReactJS , HTML/HTML5 or Python
• Frameworks – Laravel, NodeJS, ReactJS, Bootstrap, AngularJS, jQuery
• Databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL
• Platforms – Linux/Unix, Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
• Tools – Github, Jenkins, Scripting – Bash / Powershell, Vagrant
You know you will be successful in this job if:
• You have an understanding of EDR’s ecosystem, toolsets, application architecture
• You have an understanding of EDR’s development processes and methodologies and team dynamics
• Understanding of EDR’s source control processes – branching / merging, code builds and deployment processes
• You have the ability to do syntactic, high-level security and best practices code review
• You start to identify focus areas in process, technology and toolsets
• You possess more in depth knowledge of EDR’s ecosystem, toolsets and application architecture – active participation in system architecture and design
• You are involved / participate in architecture and design decisions and oversight
• You are involved / participate in work assigments
• You have full oversight and responsibility for application architecture and design to address functional and non-function requirements. Non-functional requirements include
o Reliability / Uptime
• You are working with team leads and other department leads to establish and refine technology roadmap
• You are able to effectively create work allocation for team.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study
- 5-10 years of experience as a full-stack Architect
- Experience implementing or supporting software solutions
- Technical experience in software system design and support
- Excellent understanding of software development in Agile Scrum methodology and SDLC processes
- A strong leader and mentor to technical teams
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Overall, a technical leader that knows how to rollup their sleeves and as well as strategically lead a talented technology team